Our mission is to recycle forgotten instruments and connect them with young, developing musicians. We also look to raise funds to support these developing music programs.
We set a goal to raise 100 instruments and $5,000 by March 11.
The first recipients of the instruments are Johnson’s Middle School in Anacostia and the Fillmore Arts Center, the DC public school’s magnet arts program. The more people who contribute, the more children can start to immerse themselves in the musical world.
Hungry for Music, a local DC non-profit, has agreed to partner with us in order to facilitate donations and provide a temporary storage area for the instruments we collect.
How you can help:
- Donate any musical instruments or musical equipment in usable condition
- Make a financial donation
- Volunteer to pick up and transport instruments in the DC metro region
- Become a part of the project
Our partners who have agreed to spread the word include:
- DC Youth Orchestra Program
- Hungry for Music
- American University Music Department
- Sitar Arts Center
- WETA Community Calendar